[sldev] Re: JIRA sandbox on electrosphere

Laurent Laborde kerdezixe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 15:15:04 PDT 2007

Someone asked in private "what the point of that ?".

So, i'll explain the point, goal, and future projects.
And, more important, why do i post that on SLDev, huh ?

The most obvious point :
You can play and test JIRA without being chased with stick by angry
mob if you break something on the official LL's public JIRA. Because,
if you break something, it's not a problem  : the database will be
deleted anyway.

The future project :
Well...many ! And related to second life.

- Experimenting JIRA for non-code related problems. e.g : Estate
Managment. ("please move this tree on this public road")

- Bugtracking for LSL opensource project.
(e.g : https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Library )

- The most important, but i'd like to ask Linden Lab about that :
Provide a website to report bug in french for peoples who don't know
english. I'll read the bug, check on the official JIRA if it isn't
duplicated, then translate it in english and submit it to the LL's
public JIRA. I don't expect a lot of traffic (hopefully) but it's
still a nice idea and/or experiment.

I may be able to provide JIRA project space, as long as it's public
and opensource project.

As my coding skills aren't good enough for patching the SL viewer, i
try to help with my others skills. e.g : empowering people. ;)

--
kerunix Flan