[sldev] Replacing the login screen

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Sat Jul 28 17:38:31 PDT 2007

I was thinking that to complete the transition from "LL Official Viewer"
to "Dale's Viewer", I probably should replace the login page, that is:
http://secondlife.com/app/login/

That's straightforward enough in principle, except for one thing: I'd
still like to display most of the same info on it.

The blog is easy enough, just use RSS.

But I'd like the other info as well. At the very least, the grid status
seems like a very good thing to have, and the "online now" number is
helpful as well.

The "want to learn more" box would be also nice, although not vital to
have, as I imagine LL puts there things they consider important for
people to know, and I wouldn't like my users to miss that.

The new page of course could have more things on it, so if people have
ideas for what to add to it, I'd appreciate it. Something that'll
probably go there is my blog/news. Additional things could be things
like economical statistics, current L$/USD conversion ratio, graphs,
etc.

So, is there any convenient place where I can obtain this information? I
could just parse the remarkably suited for the purpose original page,
but that could suddenly fail should LL change the design, and feels
rather unelegant.