[sldev] New Feature: Mute Visibility

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Fri Jun 1 17:13:48 PDT 2007

I've given this some thought today (and no, I don't think
that was overly critical or anything) and think many concerns
are valid.  I was thinking about what those people might do
to circumvent this also, I just wasn't creative enough.

One thing I think isn't of major concern is the collision, but
maybe cause I'm mostly thinking in terms of those overpriced
16sqm parcels.  If someone mutes such a thing in their
neighborhood, I guess they know where they are.

But if collision is a concern, I think applying 90% transparency
might be effective.

But I think with the 16sqm parcels in mind, Argent's idea
of muting the parcel would be most elegant.  Dunno if the
viewer can do that on it's own, but it would be a very nice
approach.

Nick

Second Life from the inside out:
http://nicholaz-beresford.blogspot.com/