Hosting Doxygen docs (Re: [sldev] Doxygen & Comments)

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Thu Jun 7 11:07:12 PDT 2007

IMHO not.

Usually what gets buried in the source code is
needed exactly then when the source code is
looked at anyway.

If of those 30 persons every one puts into the
source code that which is not obvious from looking
at the code itself, you'll have a readable program.

Usually, in my experience, when you put notes
and codes in different places, what you get quite
quickly are two things entirely out of sync.

Phoenix wrote:
 > * comments in headers which describe
 > ** parameters
 > ** valid parameter ranges
 > ** if parameter ranges are checked
 > ** return value
 >
 > * comments in code which describe
 > ** why a tricky and non-obvious is not written for clarity
 > ** what a tricky and non-obvious tangle of code does

Of all those, I'd only need the 2nd part.

Nick

Second Life from the inside out:
http://nicholaz-beresford.blogspot.com/