[sldev] Valve/Steam Hardware survey.

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Thu Jun 14 10:22:04 PDT 2007

Jason Giglio wrote:
> Callum Lerwick wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 16:12 -0400, Jason Giglio wrote:
>>> It's in the official minimum requirements.  But there's no
>>> requirement that SL run fast on those chips, so if it's just going
>>> to be slower on those chips, I say go for it.  SL is probably
>>> already pretty horrible on such chips, making it a little worse
>>> isn't going to matter much.
>>
>> Yeah, that's a solid philosophy. Lets give tax breaks to the rich as
>> well. (Dzonatas isn't the only one who can stretch a metaphor. :)
>
> To abuse it even more, taking performance away from chips made in the
> last 5 years to support these platforms that can't realistically run
> SL anyway, is more like taxing everyone to make sure that only
> homeless bums on the street have $50,000 a year in income, even when
> the middle class is being taxed to well below that income.

That survey doesn't seem to even include hardware that has been
purchased by educational grants or welfare checks. I mean there may be
hardware on that survey was originally purchased purely for business
reasons. It could create quite a, likewise, tax headache to really sort
things out when you know it is not looked at straight across the board.

--
Power to Change the Void