[sldev] SSE/2/3 optimisations

Dirk Moerenhout blakar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:39:36 PDT 2007

Well, brilliant call indeed :) Only downside is that I do not own a
Mac. Somebody willing to send me one? ;-)

Most important downside to this is the fact that few people have one
and hence few will benefit.

I still hope we'll get at one point CPU statistics that tell us what
is the best path forward. I wouldn't necessarily drop support for
older CPU's but I wouldn't support them in the default distribution.
Old pre-SSE Athlon's for example could get their own binary (with some
3DNow code to have a few speed ups).

Dirk aka Blakar Ogre