[sldev] SSE/2/3 optimisations

Laurent Laborde kerdezixe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:07:12 PDT 2007

On 6/21/07, Dirk Moerenhout <blakar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, brilliant call indeed :) Only downside is that I do not own a
> Mac. Somebody willing to send me one? ;-)

I keep my macbook pro, unless you send me a Mac Pro (octo-core please) :)

> Most important downside to this is the fact that few people have one
> and hence few will benefit.

True. But thoses who want to play with SSE2 and 3, can, and there is
no good reason to not accept thoses CPU specific optimisation for the
mac'tel release.

And if you don't have a mac, but you have a PC with a core (2) duo, or
any cpu supporting SSE2/3 : if the optimisation work for  your PC it
should work for the mac too.

Mac are now, more or less, a PC with sculpty design and flexi-shiny OS
(and vista is a watermeloned blingtard !! yay(zerama!))

--
kerunix Flan