[sldev] Windlight 1.17 (was : Can someone clarify the object naming conventions)

Brad Kittenbrink brad at lindenlab.com
Fri Jun 22 08:26:35 PDT 2007

Hawk wrote:
> Ok got it working as debugging client (ReleaseNoOpt), all in all :
>
> Bugs/Stoppers/Nasty Stuff :
>
> No Fullscreen
> Very very slow
> Hud attachments are borked (graphicly)
>
> Nice :
>
> Water Reflections !!
> and the known stuff from windlight

> I'll write a how to soonish, if somebody wants.
>
> I hope the development from Linden side will start again soon on this,
> the features are still awesome eyecandys !
>

> Greetings
>
> Hawk

Thanks for checking this out.  Would you mind putting the fullscreen and
hud attachments problems into Jira?  Regarding the performance, could
you try playing with the WLSkyDetail debug setting and reporting whether
it makes a difference?  It defaults to 64, but decent quality can still
be had down to 32.  If this helps your performance (or even if it
doesn't) could you give me some details on what graphics card you have
and what settings worked best for you?

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Hawk" <hawk.carter at unix-dev.de>

Ahh, sorry about that.  I think that was supposed to go in a modified
slviewer-artlook.zip, but I'm not sure what ended up happening to that.

thanks,
-Brad