[sldev] Possible 3rd party contract for viewer modification

Aidan Thornton makosoft at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 22 10:32:46 PDT 2007

On 6/22/07, Tao Takashi <tao.takashi at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The easiest for everybody would still be if Linden Lab could provide some
> sort of web service where I can upload an asset and get a UUID back and get
> L$10 charged (IMHO) (or web textures but I guess they are way in the future)

They already have something very similar to that, in the form of the
NewFileAgentInventory capability. Unfortunately, you can only use it
whilst you're connected to Second Life, either through the official
viewer or through libsecondlife.

(See http://www.libsecondlife.org/wiki/NewAgentInventory for the gory
details. I can't see any technical reason why Linden Labs couldn't set
up a more permanent version of this that didn't require logging in to
Second Life.)