[sldev] Profiling and optimization

Dirk Moerenhout blakar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 09:41:39 PDT 2007

I haven't used it as I don't plan to pay for a profiler. I'm recently
downloaded AMD's CodeAnalyst as it's the only free alternative for
windows I know off. It works pretty well but I haven't managed to get
the call stack sampling to work which I'd like to have.

It does properly show you function names and can do drilldown to code
and such. I did have an issue getting it to work with the ForDownload
pdb but I figured out that compiling only viewer.cpp with /ZI is
enough to have it working again.

Dirk aka Blakar Ogre