[sldev] Opening the server source?

Able Whitman able.whitman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 19:16:52 PDT 2007

Laurent reminded me of a post I meant to make after triage, but forgot about
in my absentmindedness...

It would be nice to know more about the plans to release the sim source. At
the last bug triage, Rob mentioned that it was a "long topic for another
time". I'm not really asking for every last detail, just some information on
where things stand, and where they're going.

Is there a timetable for releasing the server code? Are there blocking
issues that are confounding the process? At his town hall, Cory talked about
the next generation of SL (I'm not sure if "SL 2.0" was his term or not).
Will we see a server source release before "SL 2.0"?

I'm just askin' :)

--Able