[sldev] Just askin': How are we doing?

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at lindenlab.com
Mon Jun 25 10:59:06 PDT 2007

Nicholaz Beresford wrote:

> One small thing on my wishlist would be on JIRA being able to watch
> topics and get email notifications on changes.

This is very important to us, too.  We've done as much as we can
internally to get this going, and now we're waiting on some outside
tasks to get completed.

> A thing regarding the open source and development would be better
> communication.

Yes, definitely.

> One point which is really important for me is communication.  I don't
> mind if a patch is rejected for good reasons, but with them you usually
> seem to get a response on a patch submit within 24 hours.

See my earlier message about exactly this.  We've had to play catch-up
with months of backlogged changes, many of which have bit-rotted or need
a lot of manual fixing or complete rewrites to be applied usefully, but
we're rapidly closing in on a point where we'll be able to respond to
patches within hours or days.

	<b