[sldev] Opening the server source?

Soft Linden soft at lindenlab.com
Tue Jun 26 22:49:07 PDT 2007

On 6/26/07, kelly at lindenlab.com <kelly at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> I would be glad to explain how things work.  I think we have a system
> overview somewhere on the wiki already, but if we don't I could create it.
>  If there is a more specific question (or set of questions) I would be
> happy to answer them.  I was going to suggest just emailing me, but
> perhaps a wiki page / FAQ would be better.  If anyone wants to set one up
> and populate it with a couple questions I can see about answering them.
>
> Questions I am imagining are like "what happens when this message is sent
> to the sim?" or "what specifically causes this message to be sent to the
> viewer?" or "why does this happen?".  To be clear, I may not be able to
> answer all questions but Soft and I should be able to find those who can.

More Linden developer hours are in the pipeline, and one Linden has
even raised the possibility of giving one of the same architectural
overview presentations that new Linden developers get.

In the interim, populating a page of questions as Kelly suggested
sounds like a great move. Don't lose this invitation in a noisy
thread. :)