[sldev] Opening the server source?

Able Whitman able.whitman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:57:52 PDT 2007

> More Linden developer hours are in the pipeline,

Maybe I'm rehashing an old idea, but why not have a few dedicated meeting
locations where Lindens can sort of have on-demand office hours? You could
publish a weekly schedule in the wiki, and office hours could be scheduled
when you have something to discuss, or if there are residents who want to
meet with you.

That would still make it easier for us to track down our favorite Lindens
and pester them with questions, with the advantage that if your time is
better spent elsewhere, you're not stuck inworld for an hour where nobody
comes by. And it doesn't preclude having fixed office hours if that works
better for you. :)

Of course, I'd love it if every Linden had regular office hours, but I
understand about trying to make the best use of your time!

and one Linden has
> even raised the possibility of giving one of the same architectural
> overview presentations that new Linden developers get.

I would LOVE something like this.

Cheers,
--Able