[sldev] Debug build of 1.17.2.0 in vc 2005 (Express)

Thomas Rowland tom at cornish-pasty.com
Sat Jun 30 05:47:57 PDT 2007

Yey, I got it to build, link and connect to the grid (but I had to disable
llmozlib, which won't help anybody), and it is a bit of a work around too.

The first problem. ytab.h is not generated.
I worked around this by building the releasenoopt lscript_compile, which
generated (a version of) the file.
I have not worked out why generation of ytab.h breaks in the debug conf.

Then the linking errors.
change newview properties Linker\Input\Ignore Specific Library to:

msvcrtd;libcd.lib;msvcrt;libcmt

(add ;msvcrt;libcmt)

Alas I was not able to get the debug or release versions of
llmozlib-vc80.lib to link, so disabled it:

linden\indra\llcommon\llpreprocessor.h @ line 59
--59: #define LL_LIBXUL_ENABLED  1
++59: #define LL_LIBXUL_ENABLED  0

Just for info. the errors are posted below.

using llmozlib-vc80.lib in debug libs folder;

llpanelweb.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool
__thiscall LLMozLib::enableCookies(bool)" (
<mailto:?enableCookies at LLMozLib@@QAE_N_N at Z>
?enableCookies at LLMozLib@@QAE_N_N at Z) referenced in function "public: virtual
void __thiscall LLPanelWeb::refresh(void)" (
<mailto:?refresh at LLPanelWeb@@UAEXXZ> ?refresh at LLPanelWeb@@UAEXXZ)
llpanelweb.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool
__thiscall LLMozLib::clearAllCookies(void)" (
<mailto:?clearAllCookies at LLMozLib@@QAE_NXZ>
?clearAllCookies at LLMozLib@@QAE_NXZ) referenced in function "private: static
void __cdecl LLPanelWeb::callback_clear_cookies(int,void *)" (
<mailto:?callback_clear_cookies at LLPanelWeb@@CAXHPAX at Z>
?callback_clear_cookies at LLPanelWeb@@CAXHPAX at Z)
llstartup.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool
__thiscall LLMozLib::init(class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >,class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" (
<mailto:?init at LLMozLib@@QAE_NV?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$alloc
ator at D@2@@std@@00 at Z>
?init at LLMozLib@@QAE_NV?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2
@@std@@00 at Z) referenced in function "int __cdecl idle_startup(void)" (
<mailto:?idle_startup@@YAHXZ> ?idle_startup@@YAHXZ)
llmozlib-vc80.lib(llembeddedbrowserwindow.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo referenced in function "public:
class std::list<class LLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver *,class
std::allocator<class LLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver *>
>::_Const_iterator<1> & __thiscall std::list<class
LLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver *,class std::allocator<class
LLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver *> >::_Const_iterator<1>::operator++(void)"
(
<mailto:??E?$_Const_iterator@$00@?$list at PAVLLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver@@
V?$allocator at PAVLLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver@@@std@@@std@@QAEAAV012 at XZ>
??E?$_Const_iterator@$00@?$list at PAVLLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver@@V?$alloc
ator at PAVLLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver@@@std@@@std@@QAEAAV012 at XZ)

using llmozlib-vc80.lib (copied from release libs folder into debug libs
folder);

llmozlib-vc80.lib(llembeddedbrowserwindow.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo referenced in function "public:
class std::list<class LLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver *,class
std::allocator<class LLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver *>
>::_Const_iterator<1> & __thiscall std::list<class
LLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver *,class std::allocator<class
LLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver *> >::_Const_iterator<1>::operator++(void)"
(
<mailto:??E?$_Const_iterator@$00@?$list at PAVLLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver@@
V?$allocator at PAVLLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver@@@std@@@std@@QAEAAV012 at XZ>
??E?$_Const_iterator@$00@?$list at PAVLLEmbeddedBrowserWindowObserver@@V?$alloc