[sldev] Approach to accessing floaters from inside plugins

Soft Noel soft at softnoel.org
Fri Mar 9 14:21:47 PST 2007

On Thu, March 8, 2007 9:34 am, John Hurliman wrote:
> Soft Noel wrote:
>
> How do you get the value of a slider or checkboxes? Is it possible to
> trigger events based on non-button UI widgets, or just get their values?

I haven't done sliders and checkboxes yet. They'll be replicated by the
same approach with the widgets I'm doing first though, including state
events.

Asking widgets for their data will be done with a function taking the
floater handle and the element name. I'll tuck one in for the text fields
now just so there's at least one of each type of function while I ask
people to review this.

Thanks for the reply!