[sldev] How to determine what an object looks like?

Joel Riedesel joel at ourstillwaters.org
Tue Mar 13 13:50:38 PDT 2007

Hello.
I'm working with Object update or compressed object update data and I'm
trying to figure out how to figure out what kind of object it is that I
am wanting to render.  Something is not obvious to me.

PCode seems to be abstracted to some sort of 'volume'.
How do I determine I'm working with a sphere versus a cone versus a
trapezoid, etc.  And where is the edge/vertex data?

Can someone explain how to get this out of the object data that comes
across the wire?

Thanks!
Joel