[sldev] Run multiple threads menu option

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Sun Mar 18 12:23:36 PDT 2007

В сообщении от 18 марта 2007 20:08 David Fries написал(a):
> The menu option 'Run multiple threads', doesn't make any difference
> from what I can tell.  The jpeg2000 decoding is running in a
> separate thread if it is checked or if it isn't.  I thought an
> earlier first look client might have been doing jpeg2000 in
> multiple threads rather than the one I'm currently seeing, but I
> wasn't looking for it at the time.

Well, that made me curious to see what the heck that option does, so
here you go. Only usage of it seems to be in viewer.cpp,
line 1830:

const F64 max_idle_time = run_multiple_threads ?
min_idle_time : .005; // 5 ms

around line 1880:

				 // Prevent the worker threads from running while rendering.
				// if (LLThread::processorCount()==1) //pause() should only be
required when on a single processor client...
				if (run_multiple_threads == FALSE)
				{
					gTextureCache->pause();
					gImageDecodeThread->pause();
					// gTextureFetch->pause(); // Don't pause the fetch (IO) thread
				}