[sldev] Run multiple threads menu option

David Fries david at fries.net
Sun Mar 18 12:08:45 PDT 2007

> On 3/18/07, David Fries <david at fries.net> wrote:
> >
> >On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 03:57:06PM +0100, Dale Glass wrote:
> >> ?? ?????????????????? ???? 18 ?????????? 2007 14:59 Laurent Laborde
> >??????????????(a):
> >> SL runs multiple threads, also try enabling Client/Rendering/Run
> >> multiple threads.
> >
> >I'm running the FL-1.13.3.59036 release.  Multiple threads didn't seem
> >to do anything that I could tell.  Do you see something different?

I took another read of my message, and it didn't come across
correctly.

The menu option 'Run multiple threads', doesn't make any difference
from what I can tell.  The jpeg2000 decoding is running in a separate
thread if it is checked or if it isn't.  I thought an earlier first
look client might have been doing jpeg2000 in multiple threads rather
than the one I'm currently seeing, but I wasn't looking for it at the
time.

--
David Fries <david at fries.net>
http://fries.net/~david/ (PGP encryption key available)