[sldev] Reformatting Textures for the cache

Judith Combs jadelec1 at san.rr.com
Thu Mar 22 08:45:08 PDT 2007

So are you saying that unique new textures wouldn't rez well?  That sounds like hell for artists (content creators) like me.  I'm reading this thread with fascination, and it's already changed the way I handle textures now, for the better.  (And I think that more education that's easier to find, for the non-programmer-content-creators would be a good idea, so we don't do so many dumb things.)  But I think this idea would drive content creation to a more mediocre level, instead of encouraging new and original visual ideas.