[sldev] Reformatting Textures for the cache

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Fri Mar 23 22:28:52 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 17:24 -0400, Jason Giglio wrote:
> In a directory with 74k+ files there is very little difference in any
> file system tasks.  You get similar times to these in an empty directory.

ext2/ext3 got hashed directories something like 5 years back. I've been
converting all my reiserfs3 filesystems over to ext3, mainly because
SElinux doesn't work with it and I got sick of waiting for reiser4.

And it turns out, ext3 is in fact *significantly* faster than reiserfs3
for directory access nowdays. Nice. reiserfs3's day has come and gone.
The tail packing was kinda nice though...