[sldev] logcontrol.xml/logcontrol-dev.xml

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 09:15:31 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 22:52 -0700, Ryan Williams wrote:
> I've thrown up a wiki page on the error logging system here:
> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Error_Logging_System .  It's way
> incomplete since Zero wrote it to be a design document for specific
> changes, not an instruction manual, but it does contain an example
> logcontrol file.

OK, after poking this and not seeing any change whatsoever in what is
actually spewing to console...

I'm trying to silence all of this:

[ERROR] read error
[ERROR] tcd_decode: incomplete bistream
[INFO] Main Header decoded.
[INFO] tile 1 of 1
[INFO] - tiers-1 took 0.052992 s
[INFO] - dwt took 0.000000 s
[INFO] - tile decoded in 0.060991 s

This is literally flooding the console. Is logcontrol.xml the right way
to silence this? Can you give me an example that does precisely that (or
something similar enough that I can derive what I need).

I've tried setting the default loglevel to NONE, WARN, INFO, but it has
no effect on any classes or files I define in the
app_settings/logcontrol.xml

~spot