[sldev] Re: Particle System Overflow / VWR-418

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Sun May 20 12:16:24 PDT 2007

Argent,

okay.  The problem with those emitters I'm seeing and there are many
many of
them is that they are producing particles at a rate much faster than the
particles
go away.  Many of them seem to come on with a default value for the
burst rate.

I'm wondering if they're probably supposed to do something else (I have
little
knowledge of SL particles and the code was not exactly enlightening).

For example I was standing in a welcome area, and some of those emitters
seem to have been generated shortly after the viewer received an appearance
change notification.

And as far as I could tell, the only place where emitters were deleted was
based on maxAge.

I guess I'll leave it to the Lindens to sort that out, but with the
current system
it's a wonder that we get the occasional intended partical at all.