[sldev] Incorporating multiple animations in an object

Harold Brown labrat.hb at gmail.com
Wed May 23 09:30:25 PDT 2007

float maxTime = 10;    // Maximum time between animation changes

// Function to randomly select and play an animation
function randomAnimation()
{
 // Get the total number of animations in the inventory
 integer max = llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_ANIMATION);

 // Pick a random animation to play
 integer anim = (integer)llFrand(max);

 // Start the animation
 llStartAnimation(llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ANIMATION,anim));

 llSetTimerEvent(llFrand(maxTime));
}

default()
{
 state_entry()
 {
  // Do setup code here
 }

 changed(integer change)
    {
        if(change & CHANGED_LINK)
        {
            avatar = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
            if(llKey2Name(avatar))
            {
                if(trigger != avatar)
                    llRequestPermissions(avatar,
PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);
            }
            else if(trigger)
            {
    llSetTimerEvent(0);
                if(trigger == llGetPermissionsKey())//right user?
                    if(llGetPermissions() &
PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)//got permissions?
                        if(llKey2Name(trigger)) //user in the sim? modern
permision system makes this last check unnecessary.
                            llStopAnimation(animation);
            }
        }
    }

    run_time_permissions(integer perm)
    {
        avatar = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
        if(perm & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION && llKey2Name(avatar) != ""
&& avatar == llGetPermissionsKey())
        {
            trigger = avatar;
            llStopAnimation("sit");