[sldev] Re: Patch to make View Admin Options sticky.

Ryan Williams rdw at lindenlab.com
Thu May 31 11:42:41 PDT 2007

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> Yah, I know, that's why I suggested it. :)
>
> One patch is better than two.
>
> On May 30, 2007, at 8:16 PM, Jason Giglio wrote:
>
>> Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>>> How about making "Disable Camera Constraints" sticky by themselves,
>>> not everyone likes EVERYTHING in View Admin Options enabled
>>> automatically at login.
>>
>> The two modifications aren't mutually exclusive.

We've been getting a lot of security reports from residents due to the
fact that "View Admin Options" also enables the God UI (though it is
nonfunctional).  We intend to neuter this so that there's less confusion.

As someone who doesn't spend a lot of time not in God mode, I have to
ask: what is useful about View Admin Options for you?  It would be nice
if we could make it so that god-only tools aren't enabled when that's
toggled.  Or, hell, we could just refactor the UI so that the toggle
isn't necessary at all.

-RYaN