[sldev] [AWG] AWG wiki restructuring

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Wed Nov 7 13:54:11 PST 2007

Mark Burhop wrote:

>     The rule of thumb we've tried to get people to use with AW Groupies is
>     to keep work-in-progress referenced on the AW Groupies page only, and
>     the Groupies main page shouldn't have changed.
>

> The fact that Liana made the change suggests this is no longer the case.
>
> For example, almost everything except a few pages by Zero and usecases
> are out of the AWG. The usecases should probably be out as well
> since most are outside the scope of the latest AWG and are very much a
> work in progress.
>
> Just a thought but maybe the AWG should go away to start clean with a
> PWG (protocol working group) .  Or maybe Zero's work should be a VAG
> in a more widely scoped AWG.
>
> Mark - not really meaning to stir the pot :-(

The fact that they aren't showing up on the AW Groupies category index
page means they were never tagged that way at all. I doubt if Zero or
Liana removed an AW Groupies tag when they removed the AWG tag or
main-page reference. BTW, even by our original "rules," most of the
stuff shouldn't have been tagged AWG, letalone referenced on the main
AWG page, because no-one had ever discussed it (or even seen it) before
it was put there.

Groupies has grown very fast and the "rules" haven't been made that
clear to newer members, often because the rules are being created as I
type... ;-)

Lawson