[sldev] ESC exempt from open source and GPL licensing?

Hamncheese me at hamncheeseomlet.com
Sat Nov 10 07:44:13 PST 2007

I was going to stay out of this since my comment in the first round earlier
this week but this is crap. I don't work for LL or ESC and as far as I know
none of my alts do either :).

I started wondering exactly what was in jeopardy here and went and looked at
the public Jira to try to gauge how much a problem this is and found that so
far......crickets. Corax contributed some comments on one or two jira and I
found nothing for the rest. I didn't find any patches...unless I just missed
them. I'm really struggling to understand the angst on this. If it really
bothers you that you aren't making money off your contributions I'm sure the
people watching the email behind the licensing at lindenlab.com address would
be happy to talk to you.

There are only a couple of people involved in this community that deserve to
bitch about commercial companies profiting off their hard work. And if you
know what I'm talking about then you will also know that they have enough
community following to launch their own viewer with great success. I'm not
belittling any contributions anyone has made but let's get real about this.

As my grandpa used to say..."Put up or shut up." :)

Hamncheese Omlet