[sldev] [META] "Sandbox:" namespace on the wiki? (and SVN)

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Sat Nov 10 10:24:46 PST 2007

Dzonatas wrote:
> Rob Lanphier wrote:
>> So, I'm dabbling with the idea of creating a new "Sandbox" namespace,
>>

> Somehow, the sandbox: namespace on the wiki and the sandbox space on
> the SVN repository can work together.

My own impression, talking to stakeholders in the AWG who don't work for
Linden Labs, is that a "sandbox" namespace doesn't make sense and is
somewhat offensive. If something isn't READY for the AWG, it remains in
the AW Groupies name space with "draft" attached. If something doesn't
FIT with the AWG, but might be useful in the long run, it still remains
in the AW Groupies name space, but gets "draft" removed from the
name/body of the article when it becomes mature.

There's no need to implicitly denigrate the work of people from other
Players, such as IBM, OpenSim, libsl, etc., by "sandboxing" it.

They are equal partners with LL in this endeavor according to LL's own
publicity and should be treated as such, even when it comes to something
as trivial as which "namespace" their work goes in. It is in LL's best
interest to do so.

The AWG -- AW Groupies division should be sufficient.

Lawson