[sldev] Certified HTTP Project Update Nov 15

Ryan Williams (Which) rdw at lindenlab.com
Thu Nov 15 08:51:47 PST 2007

Sardonyx has continued his work on the client, adding exponential
backoff for retries and starting on failure tests.  Chet and I have
developed a sample Certified HTTP application, agentdb.  This example
application performs exchanges of uuids for money, since that's even
more popular than Pokemon these days.  It's not the Escrow, but it's
really helped flesh out bugs (i.e. we had to implement persisted
exceptions).

We've essentially finished the First Implementation: API section of the
project, and are well on our way to finishing the Flesh section.  See
this diagram:

    http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Image:Chttp_block_diagram_plan.png

The only blocks in the Flesh that remain completely undone are
"Application/oplog versioning" and "Introspection and monitoring".

Once we fix all the bugs uncovered by the agentdb application, we'll
tackle those undone Flesh blocks.  On the 26th we're going to sit down
and produce a similar block diagram for the design of the escrow.  We'll
probably start working on the escrow before knocking off all the blocks
in the orange, "Robustification", side, doing parallel work for a bit.

-RYaN