[sldev] ESC exempt from open source and GPL licensing?

Taran Rampersad cnd at knowprose.com
Sat Nov 17 06:26:14 PST 2007

Actually, if you check the date on when that was sent - it was on the
10th. It was sent out on the list on the 16th. I have no clue why.

I also have unsubscribed to the list, but continue to receive emails
(which I don't want, since I don't want to hear more of this).

So yes, it may be beating a dead horse for people who are sipping the
kool-aid. That's fine. But don't expect everyone to sip the Kool-Aid. In
fact, Linden Lab did lose the possibility for a commercial license of
their source code 2 days ago *because* of the way that they are
licensing and their inability to respond to emails in a timely manner.
My consultation fee was the same. I ain't crying.

There is nothing further to discuss, you're right. But because you're in
a group that nods at each other doesn't mean that the solution is
workable with everyone. Good luck. And I hope my unsubscribing kicks in
soon. I'm perfectly happy to leave the list alone, but it apparently
wants me to stay, and it posts old messages 5 days later. Perhaps that
is why Linden Lab cannot respond to licensing questions.

Or maybe I need to spoof an ESC address. :-)

Bye.

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: Orlando, Florida
cnd at knowprose.com

http://www.knowprose.com
http://www.your2ndplace.com

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/knowprose/

"Criticize by creating." — Michelangelo
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." - Nikola Tesla