[sldev] Re: University of Michigan Stereoscopic Viewer patch

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Wed Nov 21 11:56:25 PST 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 20:40:43 Eric Maslowski wrote:
> Very cool, Dale. Thanks for sharing. What additional configuration
> options did you add?
Haven't added anything yet, just built the original thing (applied cleanly
to 1.18.3.5)

I plan to add configuration options to avoid having to mess with the source
(definitely not user friendly), and the couple of lines to get it going on
Linux.

Might try to add the Mac bit as well as it's just a couple of lines, but
can't test it.

> p.s. careful with the JPEG compression since it compresses the various
> color channels leading to ghosting. I typically use PNGs or JPG at high
> quality settings.
Ok, thanks for the advice. Now that I compared it, I see what you mean, the
JPG artifacts are quite noticeable.

I've uploaded PNG versions:
http://daleglass.net/images/screenshots/stereo_sl_001.png
http://daleglass.net/images/screenshots/stereo_sl_002.png