[sldev] Re: University of Michigan Stereoscopic Viewer patch

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:36:25 PST 2007

Dale Glass wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 November 2007 20:40:43 Eric Maslowski wrote:
>> Very cool, Dale. Thanks for sharing. What additional configuration
>> options did you add?
> Haven't added anything yet, just built the original thing (applied cleanly
> to 1.18.3.5)
>
> I plan to add configuration options to avoid having to mess with the source
> (definitely not user friendly), and the couple of lines to get it going on
> Linux.

Would be useful, don't see why this can't be included in the standard
code with an option to enable or disable at runtime.

> Might try to add the Mac bit as well as it's just a couple of lines, but
> can't test it.

Just whacked it into linux, pretty trivial, in fact it is just some
variable inits/settings that go into the arch dependent file the rest is
 in common files.

All seemed pretty good but i have some issues with the red breaking
through my cyan lenses and very close objects are not working well for
me. I get a good depth perception but I am not getting the "objects
coming out of the screen" effect i was expecting but instead see a ghost
image as my glasses fail to filter correctly.

I am wondering is it a) i have rubbish glasses :-( or b) do the colours
need optimising for my monitor/glasses combination?

Robin