[sldev] Re: Viewer Auth Feedback

Tateru Nino tateru.nino at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 06:51:31 PDT 2007

Nicholaz Beresford wrote:
> Matthew Dowd wrote:
>> That said there is a good counter argument that the forums should
>> use a different username and password than the SL accounts (my own
>> ISP has just moved from an integrated forum to a seperate one just
>> so that a compomise in the forums software would not compromise the
>> account with the ISP).
>
> Which brings me back to my previous suggestion of making different
> passwords.  Explanding on that, assuming a centralized back end is
> created, I'd say let it create password and assign/select services
> which can be used with them.

> Password manager for Nicholaz Beresford
>
>          Forum   Wiki  Account  inworld-restricted  inworld-full
> aaa111    [x]    [x]    [ ]      [x]                  [ ]
> q$44&9A   [ ]    [ ]    [x]      [ ]                  [x]
>
> [add Password]

Personally, I'd like to get out-of-band confirmation for the exercise of
capabilities. An email with a link, for example, before rezzing an
object, or doing anything that debits my account, or much else other
than walking and talking. So I can configure which ones are always on,
never on, or that the system has to ask me out-of-band to grant for the
rest of the session.

--
Tateru Nino
http://dwellonit.blogspot.com/