[sldev] Re: [PROTOCOL] Protocol Documentation

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Oct 3 14:53:11 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 16:42 -0500, Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> That is, there are licenses that create a problem for open
> systems use, and ones that don't. The GPL happens to be one that does.

Can you point to a concrete example of the GPL causing such a problem?

Though as part of the new architecture work, I really would like to see
the low level protocol stuff abstracted into its own library. And that
library could be MIT licensed for all I care. Would that make everyone
happy? (Yeah yeah, libsecondlife is already there... :)