[sldev] Proxy Server and UDP Cache Server

iseki at solar-system.tuis.ac.jp iseki at solar-system.tuis.ac.jp
Wed Oct 24 07:25:40 PDT 2007

  Hi, Dzonatas and everybody.

>> Please see the wiki page that we created:
>> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLSquid_Proxy
>>
>> It has the data cache, but it doesn't have full https support. You're
>> work would combine nicely with that project to create and complete a
>> reverse proxy.

  Thank you for your suggestion.

  But, I think that to cache UDP packet is more effective to use squid
(HTTPS), because data exchanged by HTTPS is very few.

  So, I made texture data cache server (sl_cache). sl_cache caches UDP
texture data in cooperation with sl_relay (Proxy Server).
  sl_cache handles UDP protocol High 8, 9 and 10.

  Though sl_cache is beta version, if you are interested, please see

sl_relay v1.2.1:
  https://www.nsl.tuis.ac.jp/xoops/modules/xpwiki/?sl_relay%20%28E%29

sl_cache v0.9.1b:
  https://www.nsl.tuis.ac.jp/xoops/modules/xpwiki/?sl_cache%20%28E%29