[sldev] [VIEWER] Dead code removal

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at lindenlab.com
Tue Sep 4 10:01:03 PDT 2007

Dirk Moerenhout wrote:
> True but I'm mostly referring to parts of newview and I hope it is at
> least so that this is never used by the server code.

It's best to keep the dead code removal in a patch of its own.  That
makes it easier for us to review patches.

> It might even be
> a good question: What do we really share with the server code? I guess
> we probably share llcommon but what other parts are dangerous too?

You can see the exact lists of libraries that the viewer and server
depend on in the SConstruct file that ships with the source.

A lot of the libraries are shared.  The easiest rule of thumb is to
assume that any ll* directory that isn't related to drawing windows or
other bits of UI is likely to be shared with the server code.

	<b