[sldev] [META] *IMPORTANT* New PJIRA Perms

Iridium Linden iridium at lindenlab.com
Tue Sep 4 18:40:27 PDT 2007

Mike, first let me thank you for your email and bringing this to our
attention. Rob and I both thought that this was a really good idea, and
it hearkens back to conversations that we've had with other Open Source
Lindens about giving SL Devs more permissions in Public JIRA. In honor
of PJIRA Awareness Month (September at LL), we have decided to create a
PJIRA group with permissions to assign tasks. Here are the details:

1) If you signed the Open Source Contributor Agreement
<http://secondlifegrid.net/programs/open_source/submission>, then you
have likely been added to the Contrib-Agreement group in Public JIRA.

2) If you have signed the agreement and have not been added, please
contact me <https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Iridium_Linden>.

3) If you require a copy of the agreement, follow the instructions on
the wiki <http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Submitting_code>. Add your
name to the contributor wiki
<https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Source_contributions>, contact me
<iridium at lindenlab.com>, and I will add you to the group.

4) The Contrib-Agreement group in PJIRA entitles you to certain
permissions. The main permission you are granted is the power to assign
a JIRA task. Please note the following about your permissions:
a) These permissions were introduced so that Open Source Contributors
could assign JIRA tasks to *themselves* in order to show that work is in
progress.
b) These permissions also allow you to assign tasks to Lindens.
c) *If you assign a JIRA task to a Linden without the explicit consent
of that Linden, you will immediately be ejected from the group and your
permissions thusly lost.

*Questions? Email me.
Iridium