[sldev] Exciting reuter's post about OpenSim - project to create open source version of SL Servers

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Sat Sep 8 01:37:10 PDT 2007

Laurent Laborde wrote:
> So where do you store the inventory if not on a specialized asset
> server (which is a cluster anyway) ?
>
> On sim server ? aren't they already overloaded ?

On the client.  I'm amazed that for an Open Source project like
OpenSim everybody still thinks the assets need protection.  If it
were me, I'd start that thing with client side full perm inventory.

The only things that need to reside on the server are prims which
are located there or which are attached to an avatar and the
latter only temporary, as long as the avatar is there.

Nick