[sldev] Re: Exciting reuter's post about OpenSim - project to create open source version of SL Servers

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Sat Sep 8 07:18:34 PDT 2007

On Saturday 08 September 2007 07:00:53 Callum Lerwick wrote:
> And the messages turning up even as I sit here writing this are only
> confirming it.
>
> https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev/2007-September/004492.html
> https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev/2007-September/004498.html
>
> I'd rather a fork didn't happen, and I think I just realized why.
> [snip]

Just to make things clear: I'm not trying to start a fork. I'm just trying
to provide a place for things LL doesn't want here.

So I made a list for misc discussion that wouldn't be welcome here. Say, if
you want to debate licensing feel free to do it there. And sldev-announce
came from people's wish to see people post updates on new versions of
their stuff.

I currently have no intention of creating a second sldev list to replace
this one.