[sldev] Re: [VIEWER] SVG on a prim

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon Sep 10 09:57:36 PDT 2007

Lynne Wu wrote:
> Why is it too expensive to render?  Cycles?  Resources?  Is
> http://www.ubrowser.com not a realistic interpretation of this idea?
> Thanks
>
> Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>>
>> PS: I agree with Alissa. I would rather not see HTML on a prim except
>> as something like a new parcel media texture type. HTML is too
>> expensive to render.

There are ill-formed webpages that can bring most browsers (any
browser?) to its knees. Imagine if someone used such a webpage as a live
texture and rezzed them all over a sim.

I'm sure the same kind of thing could happen with an SVG file, but you
could test for infinite loop timeouts and the like easier in a closed
system like svg with no web access, as opposed to an open html browser.