[sldev] Re: [VIEWER] SVG on a prim

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Mon Sep 10 11:21:22 PDT 2007

Kelly Linden wrote:
> SL - Farallon Greyskin wrote:
>
>> Can't the prim just contain a note card of a special naming scheme and
>> automatically read/apply it?
>>
>> Then absolutely NO sim/asset server intervention is required.
>>
>> Farallon
>>
> Object inventory is only sent to viewers when the object is selected,
> you do not automatically receive the contents of every object in view
> (or even of most).

The way I interpreted his suggestion is that a notecard with a special
name with is dealt with as possible svg code that is automatically used
in the prim texture. Just drop the card in, and its dealt with as a call
to llSetText is: it sets a prim property.

Change the card/add a new card, and the property changes.

The presence of the card:

SVG$name$facenum.svg is dealt with as as an automatic call of this type:

llSetSVG(cardname, facenum);

where facenum 0-x sets it for an individual face,
facenum -1 sets it for all faces
facenum -2 sets it for hover text
facenum -3 sets it for all faces + hover text.

duplicate facenums in a card name are ignored. The call is made only
once, unless/until the card is changed/deleted. A deletion means the
next card with the same facenum is used. explict facenums >= 0 override
a facenum of -1 and -3.

An explicit LSL call overrides the equivalent automatic evocation.