[sldev] Re: {META] Permissions and login timeouts.

Giff Constable giff at electricsheepcompany.com
Wed Sep 12 17:26:51 PDT 2007

Yes I agree.  For that part of my email, I was just passing on the general
wishes I hear.  I'm not one of these people who thinks LL needs to twist
itself sideways protecting nearly unprotectable IP like textures, but I do
think a pragmatic middle ground is healthy.

I do feel pretty strongly that having a baseline way for IP owners to
establish what the parameters of use are without having to pull everyone
into court is useful for the functioning and growth of this world.  And I
feel strongly that every IP owner should be able to make their own decisions
on their IP, and we, as buyers, have a choice not to buy.

I bet that when we eventually get to private grids, we'll see a
proliferation of worlds (or attempted worlds) with different governance and
commerce schemes, and that's cool.  People can try to create their own
utopias.

This is kind of off-topic for sldev though so I'll stop here.
Cheers
Forseti