[sldev] adding support for a new input device to the SL viewer

ashea at ups.com ashea at ups.com
Thu Sep 13 11:50:00 PDT 2007

I've been following this list for a few weeks now and I think some
people have the wrong idea about open source. First, we don't need
permission or approval of Linden Labs to make patches or add new
features and we can totally rewrite any portions that we want to. Anyone
can make changes and distribute their own version of the viewer. This
hopefully will inspire competition in building "a better mouse trap".
Linden is only involved if you want your ideas and patches included in
their build. But if you have ideas that Linden doesn't want to use, then
go ahead and incorporate them into your own build. This is the whole
idea of open source. The open market will decide which build they want
to use.

Anthony