[sldev] [VIEWER] 64 bit status and open source components

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sun Sep 16 15:54:27 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 13:15 -0500, David Fries wrote:
> The only solution for it to work for both the /usr/include/apr-1 and
> /usr/include/apr-1.0 case I see is to drop the subdirectory reference
> in the include directive and add `pkg-config --cflags apr-1` to the
> command line which will directly add the subdirectory.

The RC's use pkg-config as it should.

> > But i have run in to a major issue. Although i can get in world with
> > my 64 bit build, i can't see anything, a few outlines, I can see the
> > avatar name/group tags floating around. UI controls all seem ok, mini
> > maps etc work. I assume a problem with the jpeg2000 lib stopping
> > textures being rendered so its all a grey goo.

Hung texture decode is yet another manifestation of the yet to be found
OpenJPEG lossless texture bug. You more often than not end up hanging
while decoding your own avatar textures. You'll want the patch in
VWR-1475:

http://jira.secondlife.com/secure/attachment/11270/slviewer-1.18.0.6-openjpeg-use-lossy-encoding-20070716.patch

> That's just for information.  Try clearing your cache (or move the
> directory out of the way) and see if things work.

Won't help.