[sldev] [WEB] Email from JIRA working (fix for WEB-58)

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Sat Sep 22 11:27:26 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Email from JIRA now works (finally).  This means that you will
automatically receive email updates whenever an issue you filed is
updated, or when an issue assigned to you is updated.  This fixes WEB-58:
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-58

Additionally, you may now watch issues that you didn't file by adding
yourself to the watch list (select the "Watch it" link in the lower left)

There is one substantial caveat.  This was the result of a manual
one-time push of email addresses which required downtime to accomplish
(ugh).  We don't yet have automatic synchronization in place, so people
who have never logged into JIRA won't be able to get emails until we
sync databases again.  Part of the reason for the delay in enabling this
feature in the first place is that we were holding out for the automatic
solution, and only recently broke down and accepted the manual solution
as a temporary workaround.

So, we'll need your help working with new JIRA users who will
understandably be frustrated with the lack of this capability.  Next
week, we'll get an estimate for when automatic synchronization will be
in place, whether or not subsequent manual syncs will be necessary, and
how frequently we'll be doing those.

Rob