[sldev] Permissions

Ada Radius adaradius at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:57:14 PDT 2007

Whatever evolves out of this discussion on Permissions, I hope the
non-profit/edu sector is taken into consideration, too.  I have a gallery
iSL, and show images that are borrowed, with permission, from RL non-profits
(university, museum, etc.), with the intent that they be distributed for
free for edu purpose, with as much protection as I can manage, to make sure
the images are not sold by the transferee.  And that I document my efforts.
My solution has been to turn the images into textures, and "frame" them onto
objects, assign Copy-No Transfer, so that no one else can sell them, and
charge L$0 or L$1, plus keep visitor counter records, so that I can document
distribution.   It's "best efforts", not a perfect solution.  And I need the
No Transfer perm for this purpose.
Ada Radius