[sldev] Anyone aware of Vworlds or similar which can be run offline

Elio Maggini elio at magetech.com
Wed Sep 26 09:21:31 PDT 2007

Hello,

So I have a client who would like to do a small Vworld implementation to be
run by sales reps with no access to the internet at the time of the sales
call. They would then update local system at night by connecting to a
central server.  Obviously SL does not do this, nor will it ever by what I
see from working group architecture. And my brief research into the current
other Vworlds show them all to need online connectivity as well.

Is anyone aware of a system or method for achieving such a thing with other
technologies?

Or perhaps this could be a good talking point for the Architecture working
group?

Thanks