[sldev] Anyone aware of Vworlds or similar which can be run offline

dirk husemann hud at zurich.ibm.com
Wed Sep 26 06:57:10 PDT 2007

Elio Maggini wrote:
> Should be, but is it :) ? When my client spoke to the Lindens, unless he
> misunderstood, he was informed that this would not be possible even when the
> new architecture was in place. And from my humble understand of the AWG
> wiki, it does not appear that it will be.

well...if you think about it: it's the "joe's garage" region domain in
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Proposed_Architecture as your sales
people would be able to run their own sim on their laptops, do whatever
it is they want to do and in the evening sync back the sim with the
master sales sim in the backoffice.

it certainly is a valid (and interesting) use case, so why don't you add
it to the Use Cases wiki page? it's at
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Use_Cases

--
dr dirk husemann, pervasive computing, ibm zurich research lab
--- hud at zurich.ibm.com --- +41 44 724 8573 --- SL: dr scofield