[sldev] [VWR] LSL Compiler Limitations?

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Thu Sep 27 05:08:53 PDT 2007

I received an IM from a resident and user of my viewer today:

"In addition to compiling very long nested if statements, and long
scripts in general, your LSL compiler also processes extended ASCII in
strings, while the normal compiler craps out."

The interesting thing is that I did not touch the script compiler
(not that I know it at least), but also am not aware of those
limitation which the user mentioned.   The only thing I could think
of is that I'm using a newer or different lexx/yacc from Cygwin.

As said, I don't understand the details, but I thought I'd pass
the info on.

Nick