[sldev] [Upcoming Changes] Website Viewer Authentication

Donovan Linden donovan at lindenlab.com
Fri Sep 28 15:04:16 PDT 2007

With the first iteration, the viewer will retain user interface which
looks very similar to the XUI login form on the current splash
screen, except implemented as part of the HTML page which takes up
the rest of the splash screen today. So the user experience is not
going to change at all, at least not initially. What happens later
remains to be decided.

The first iteration will also continue to support the -login command
line switch for specifying username and password in a script.
Probably -login will continue to be supported forever.

Donovan